Equip Inc. is a custom sewn products manufacturing company based in Colorado Springs. Our specialization lies in crafting custom covers for outdoor equipment and retail displays. Additionally, we excel in producing specialized, custom-designed sewn products for various industries, including technology, medical, and the military.
As a small business, we take pride in our ability to create highly customized and expertly crafted sewn products that cater to our customers’ unique requirements. Our small team environment fosters versatility among our Sewing Machine Operators, enabling them to tackle a wide range of manufacturing tasks, which adds challenge and reward to their work.
The Industrial Sewer/Seamstress is responsible for the manufacturing of custom sewn products as assigned. Responsibilities encompass precise reading and interpretation of basic patterns, as well as cutting, measuring, and sewing. This role involves working with industrial sewing machines and cutting equipment as required. Precision and meticulous attention to detail are essential.
- Daily sewing machine setup, including thread, bobbins, and needles as needed.
- Accurate interpretation and execution of simple patterns with minimal supervision.
- Marking and cutting of simple patterns.
- Labeling products, workpieces, or equipment with identifying information.
- Inspecting finished products for quality and accuracy.
- Folding and packing completed products.
- Confidently operate an industrial sewing machine with minimal supervision, sewing at speeds of at least 22 inches per minute, including top-stitching on lightweight fabrics. You should also be capable of handling challenging materials such as foam, spandex, oversized, or heavy-weight materials.
- Possess basic English communication skills, including the vocabulary necessary to ask and answer questions in a manufacturing context.
- Demonstrate proficiency in mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Be able to frequently lift and carry loads of up to 75 pounds.
- Be prepared for possible extended periods of stationary work, standing, sitting, and bending.
- Consistently deliver high-quality finished products in a timely manner.